Whanau & Foster care services
Temporary care placements: Short and medium term care placements for children and young people.
(Community Social worker)
- General social work support
- Respite care options for whanau experiencing pressure
- Support whanau to strengthen relationships and actively participate in the resources of their communities.
- Intensive social work support for whanau experiencing multiple pressure
Youth to Independence
Care placement for Maori taiohi (teens) preparing to exit state care with specialist care whanau. Our AIMS Intensive mentoring to build and strengthen confidence, identity, leadership, social skills, home skills to prepare for semi-independence.
Tatai Hono Mokopuna
Early intervention whanau linking for mokopuna to reduce the need for state intervention. Whanau whakapapa searches/ hapu and Iwi linkingWrap around whanau tautoko to care for, place and succeed in supporting the future of our mokopuna.
• Participation at Ngāti Kahu runanga hui
• Profiling Ngāti Kahu professionals and specialist throughout the sector